That's right! It is Buddy Walk time and it is not too late to join or support Team Ellie Bear's Entourage!
When: Sunday October 23, 2011 from 12:00pm-4:00pm
Where: Reunion Ranch in Georgetown, Texas
Who: Ellie Bear's Entourage
|Our Team from 2010|
Who does this benefit? Individuals with Ds and their families. This is a big deal people especially since the lovely state of Texas has slashed the budget when it comes to funds for special education, Medicaid for special needs, and early childhood services. Did I mention that our schools are slashing costs too? That means more and more people and families will be turning to DSACT and NDSS for support, parent workshops, social outreach, and other programs.
Funds raised by donations and by people registering to walk will go towards:
- Local age-specific programs and athletic activities for children and adults with Ds
- Special Education Training
- Parent Workshops
- Monthly Speakers
- Health Care Research (as people with Ds live longer, new health care standards are needed)
- Working on Legal Policies
The Buddy Walk is a fun, family event great for people of all ages. Our Buddy Walk will have:
- Lunch (yes, food is very important!)
- Live Music
- Bouncy House
- Paddle Boats
- Petting Animals
- Games and Face Painting
- Firemen (oh yeah, hot, sexy, young fire fighters in uniform. sigh.)
Now that you are all psyched for the event, here is how you can
1. Join the Team:
Click registered and you will be sent to Active.com. Join "an existing team" and select Ellie Bear's Entourage OR you can join the day of the walk.
2. Donate: Visit http://www.active.com/donate/buddywalk11/ATheure3
OR mail checks made out to DSACT (with Ellie Bear's Entourage in the memo) to
3710 Cedar Street
Austin, TX 78705
Here are some fun pics from last year.
|Ellie Bear won a stuffed Bear for her amazing throwing skills!|
|Ellie and Andrew are not relate. . . I do not see any resemblance between father and daughter.|