Happy New Year!
I do not make resolutions, but rather I try to do something better. I have not decided what that is yet. However, I also like to spend time reflecting over the past year. Yes, I know that most people do that over Thanksgiving, but that lull between Christmas and New Year’s is a great time to rejoice over all of the great aspects of our lives.
- My soulmate and love of my life
- For always helping even if it involves baby doo-doo
- For cooking
- For looking really hot and sexy
- Ellie Bear
- For being the daughter I always wanted
- For making everyone smile and brightening the world
- For showing such determination in facing challenges
- For your incessant babbling
- My Parents
- Who passed on good morals and values that I would like to instill in my family
- For always being there in a time of need or just to chat
- My brother
- For talking my ear off. Finally someone who talks more than me!
- In seeing the way my little Ellie lights up when she sees him
- For visiting us even though it is a horrible flight/flights
- For his perseverance
- My awesome in-laws who accept me as one of their own and call just to talk
- My extended family who embraces me, Andrew, and my beautiful little girl
- And Friends (you know who you are)--I know that it sounds cliche but it is true
- Ellie turned 1yo and was able to eat a cupcake. Oh and was able to self-feed said cupcake
- Sophie turned 1yo and no longer pees in the house and for her sneak-attack “kisses”
- Amelie turned 2yo and her autoimmune gingival stomatitis is under control
- That she is now mostly toothless but can still eat solid, crunchy foods
- That she meows with us as though she is having a conversation
- Tama turned 6 or 7 and didn’t kill me with her razor claws
- Andrew and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary in Fredericksburg, TX. Alone. Sans kiddo. It was amazing.
- Andrew is kicking hiney at work and has received many awards--I am so proud of you!
- My random jaw tumor was benign
- The surgical aspect, not so much fun
- I am now afraid of the dentist
- Super Ellie Bear Developmental Progress
- Rolling over
- Sitting Up
- Sitting up in high chair & shopping cart--and now able to escape these contraptions
- Scooching / army crawl
- Holding a cup and spoon
- Drinking from a straw
- Two teeth
- Signing some words
- Ellie survived her first surgery without complications
- Epipens-without these, I would live in fear of Ellie dying from oats. Well, I still live in fear, but the Epipen helps
- Ellie’s hole in her heart closed and she can now go deep sea scuba diving
- Mom’s pacemaker replacement went well
- For the love and support that everyone showed with this past October’s Buddy Walk
- Go Ellie Bears!
- Everyone has made a difference!!!
- Seeing “Wicked” in NYC with my best friend
- Seeing “Phantom of the Opera” with my Awa,
- My Mother’s Clubs for their support
- My sewing group for their support and craftiness
- The Andrew gang although now I am claiming you as my own gang!
- Girls Night Out Adventures that keep me sane and laughing
- Adult conversations
- Pole Dancing class
- Deep-fried Turkey
- Tutus and Tights!--on Ellie, not me
- The ability to stay home with my child and care for her
- Celebrating my 1st Mother’s Day
- Baby Noah--I am a great Aunt!
- The exciting news that a dear friend of mine will have a baby this upcoming Spring
- Being able to spend Christmas with so many family members this year.
- For the rest that is in my heart. . . and for all of the other experiences that I left out.
|Celebrate in Style!|
Happy New Year. May 2011 be even better.
For the people who have left this Earth, who have been called Home and will not be forgotten:
I apologize for the weird numbering. It kept wanting to start over at #1 after each picture.