Monday, December 13, 2010

The exceptional child



Bailey describes herself as "a fashion Diva! Who happens to have Down Syndrome Which makes me a designer from the very beginning.  God created me with designer genes."  I love Bailey's spirit and spunk!  You can learn more about Bailey on her blog.

I once read The Beatitudes of the Exceptional Child on her blog and I would now like to share it with you.


"The Beautitudes of the Exceptional Child"
By: Andre Masse

Blessed are you who take the time to listen to difficult speech,
For you help us to know that if we persevere, we can be understood.

Blessed are you who never bid us to "hurry up" or take our tasks from us,
For we often need time rather than help.

Blessed are you who stand beside us as we enter new and untried ventures
For our failures will be outweighed by the times we surprise ourselves and you.

Blessed are you who asked for our help,
For our greatest need is to be needed.

Blessed are you who with a smile, encourage us to try once more.
For one day that once more is when we will succeed.

Blessed are you who never remind us that we asked the same question twice.
For your answers help us grow.

Blessed are you who respect us
And love us just the way we are.


Photobucket

In family news: Andrew's oldest nephew Brad and his wife Kelley had a beautiful baby boy today--Noah Bradley at 9lb 15.1 oz.  He has the fabulous Theurer cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...