Monday, December 7, 2009

12.7.09 The 12 Days of DIY

One the 1st Day of Christmas my true love (aka Drew-Drew) did for me---a new kitty door to the room.


So, Andrew and I have not been sleeping well these past few nights.  We have been woken up frequently.  Yes, I know.  We have a little baby, but don't go blaming my little darling.  Tama and Sophie The Princess of the Paw-Paws are disrupting our sleep.  In the above picture, that is the door that leads from our bedroom to the hot tub room.  (Yes, I love the hot-tub but is is not in operating condition).  Anyway, the hot-tub room is also known as the kitty suite--tile floors for easy clean-up (Tama also has bladder issues), automatic litter box, kitty condo, 3 walls of windows, etc.  You get the picture.  At 3am or 4 am or 5 am Tama feels the need to meow a Texas-style yowl to be let into her suite.  It is 30 degrees out so of course within 30 minutes she meows, scratches, and shakes the door to be let in.  It sounds like someone is trying to break into the house.  If we ignore her, the yowling goes on for over an hour.  Andrew had been meaning to put in a kitty door for a while now but other things had taken priority until today.  Thanks for the kitty door Andrew!  As for Sophie, well, she has started the barking again--she is in her crate in the "sound-proof "media room all the say on the other side of our house.  She is starting to bark earlier and earlier.  So first it is Tama and then Sophie.  Ack!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...