Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies

As promised, here is the recipe!  Without my Meeta, this recipe would not exist.  I would like to thank her for sharing her original recipe back in November of 2000.

Buddy Walk: The Ellie Bears!!!!! 
Holiday Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies

2.25 cup       Flour
1 Tbsp         Baking Powder
1 tsp             Nutmeg (or less if you are not into the whole nutmeg thing)
2 tsp             Cinnamon
2 Tbsp         Water
12 Tbsp       Butter (aka 1 whole stick)  You can never have too much butter.
1 cup           Brown Sugar
1                  Egg
1 tsp            Vanilla Extract
1 12oz pkg  Chocolate chips (I used a mixture of milk chocolate and semi-sweet)
0.5 cup        Nuts, chopped (optional)

**Optional: Boil the 2 Tbsp of water & pour over 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
3. In a larger bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.  Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Alternate adding in the flour & water/coffee into the large bowl with the wet ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Using a Tbsp, drop dough to a greased cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.

In theory, you are supposed to get 4 dozen, however, we live in a Texan household and everything is bigger so I only yield about 2 dozen or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...