Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ellie's Best Friend

Sheryl and I met in our church mom's group back when Jack was 6 months-old and Ellie just entered the world.  I had just received Ellie's diagnosis of Down syndrome and Jack was just diagnosed with infantile spasms and later tuberous sclerosis. When Ellie decided to make mealtimes challenging by having an oat allergy, little Jack started a ketogenic diet to control his seizures.  Different medical issues with different challenges, but somewhat similar journeys in navigating the special needs world.

Jack is Ellie's best friend.   She mostly ignores all of the other kiddos in playgroup, but she follows Jack around like a little puppy.  She wants to doing what he is doing.  Play with what he is playing with.  Jack is my little buddy who is always ready to give me a much needed snuggle.



Please visit Sheryl's blog Thumb In Mouth to read her special post about friendship and World Down Syndrome Day.  Be sure to have tissues handy by the time you get to the last sentence because her final words had me sobbing.  Check our her blog to learn more about Jack, Tuberous Sclerosis, and The Ketogenic diet.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. They're both so adorable together!! I just stopped by Sheryl's blog, and wow, what a story Jack has! So sad that any children have to go through such awful health issues, but so wonderful that he has such wonderful parents and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becca. Jack has an amazing family! Poor little guy has been through so much, but he is such a trooper. He has spirit and his parents do so much for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are so sweet! Jack is a tough little dude and is doing pretty well actually. We are blessed!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...