Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

On this day, 2 years ago, Andrew and I tied the knot.  We had a beautiful, small church wedding that involved BBQ.  Only in Texas would one think brisket and ribs constitute an excellent wedding reception.



It is amazing how many life changing events can occur in such a short period of time as well as how much home improvement one can accomplish.

In the past two years we have traveled around Germany (Flitterwochen), Ottawa, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Plano, and Big Bend National Park.  I know.  Andrew camping!



In the DIY world we have mostly completed the kitchen.  By we, I actually mean Andrew.  I stopped after the painting part.  Most recently I got a backsplash and some window treatments in the kitchen area :-)  We put up a wall in the in-law suite to create a dining room (aka Anna's sewing room) and a media room complete with large movie screen, fancy sound stuff, and a projector.  Andrew enclosed the carport so that we now have a 3 car garage that currently holds neither one of our trucks.  He has started to reside the garage.  I actually have baseboards in the entire house.  Let me repeat that--baseboards!!!  All of these projects were started and mostly complete by my honey bunny Baby Drew-Drew Love.  While I may joke that there are all of these half completely projects, I am very proud of my man. Our house has truly become the one of our dreams and it is because of him and his many DIY talents.



During these past two years we bought another Tundra after trading in my beloved Corolla and Andrew's Infiniti.  Do not worry.  We still have the hearse and the Supra.  Our house now sports a new paint color as well as a new metal, energey-efficient roof.  We also invested in the Big Green Egg.  http://www.biggreenegg.com/  It truly is the best smoker and grill.  We have made many friends in the past few years and many of you have been able to experience Andrew's beef & pork ribs, slow smoke briskets, chicken legs, and most recently his special sour cream chicken enchiladas.  I have learned the jobs of having a double oven where one is a super large convection oven.  I can make 3 dozen cookies in that oven alone.


There have been some tragic events as well.  Andrew and I both lost our Grandmothers.  Our beloved border collie Rodeo passed away.



I left my job as a pediatric nurse practitioner and I managed to throw out my back twice.  The most recent injury is due to a compressed disc.  About a year ago we had a devastating hail storm that destroyed our roof and one of our cars.  Thankfully, no one was injured.  Our little girl had surgery and later on, an anaphylactic reaction to gluten.


On a happier note, our union in marriage enabled me to say good-bye to COBRA.  So long!  And Hello to Aetna.

As with mother things, there is the circle of life and when one door closes, another one opens.  We adopted Amelie that day after we returned from our honeymoon.  Tama was not happy about that.  We have had Sophie for almost a year now.  She is still nuts.  My oldest Nephew went to Iraq and returned.  We welcomed a new nephew into the family.  Of course, we welcomed our beautiful baby Ellie Marie into the world this past September.




Our courtship, in spite of being long distance, was wonderful.  Our marriage has been even better.  Andrew and I are both individuals and a very strong team.  I cannot imagine waking up in the morning and not seeing him next to me.  I love you, Andrew.  Happy Anniversary.

3 comments:

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...