Thursday, July 1, 2010

NDSS: July News Letter & TEAM ELLIE

National Down Syndrome Society's July Newletter

http://ndss.org/images/stories/NDSSresources/pdfs/july%20e-news.pdf


Buddy Walk Update:

It is time to start dusting off your walking shoes and get the kids ready for walking, paddle boats, games, wagon rides, petting zoo, and Joe McDermott (cringe)!  There are only a few months until BUDDY WALK TEAM ELLIE!!!!

I will be forming Team Ellie once the new paperwork for 2010 becomes available.  The Austin/Georgetown Buddy Walk is on 10/24.

If you would like to show your DS support or Ellie support, you have many options:

1. You can participate in the 1 mile Buddy Walk.  There are several in every state--you can go to the NDSS website to find a walk.  New walks are being registered daily.  It costs $15-20 per adult to walk and $5 per child.

2. Or, you can make a monetary donation (how ever much or little you want).  

3. Or, you can pester your friends, families, and coworkers into having them walk or donate.  Once Team Ellie is registered, we will have a designated webpage for our team through the DSACT.

4. Or you can say a prayer on 10/24 for all of those with DS and everyone whose lives have been touched by someone with DS.

All proceeds go towards DSACT for promoting DS awareness and education.  I will provide more information once DSACT has updates everything for this year's walk.

On a side note...
I was watching my friend's bambino the other day and both of them wanted to be held at the same time, of course.  Yes, that is my daughter showing off her Buddha belly & chewing on Graham-Bam's hand.  Later that afternoon they were playing with each other's feet.  Babies are odd.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...