Sunday, September 18, 2016

The birthday girl! Happy 7th Birthday, Ellie Bear

I wrote this post last week, but blogger decided to delete the 2 posts that I wrote.  Anyway, last weekend we celebrated Ellie Bear's 7th birthday a little early.  Her birthday was actually this past Friday, but we originally thought that she would be in the hospital after the surgery that has been canceled.

Ellie is fixated on school buses and it is actually one of the only words that she can say clearly so we opted to go with a school bus theme birthday party.  We kept the party small - just a few close family friends.  I went a little crazy with clipart and picmonkey.com when it came to invitations and "thank you".


I had the brilliant idea of decorating stop signs with markers and glitter glue.  A big mistake.  I ended up covered in glitter glue after Ellie decided to use her teeth to remove the cap.  Girlfriend sent the glitter shooting across the room.  Of course, The Bear was covered head to toe in sparkles.  Still, she had fun and that is what counts. 





One of our family friends showed up with two Mickey and Minnie Mouse balloons.  You would think they hung the stars.  Ellie dance around while humming to herself.  


Now the cake was a big hit.  Target has delicious cakes with really tasty icing.  My little chocolate monster was thrilled to have chocolate cake with chocolate icing.  I got the school bus off Amazon and Ellie was very pleased.  She couldn't believe that it was finally her "happy birthday".


Of course, Ellie stole the cake server and used it as her own personal spoon.



For the party favors, I make school buses using Hershey nuggets.  You can get a free printable from the blog like a pretty petunia.

 (Thank you tags using clipart and picmonkey.com)

Overall, it seemed that everyone had a great and Ellie was exhausted after wards.  So were Andrew and me.











 photo IMG_2291_zpsudykfi0h.jpg

Follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Chronicles-of-Ellie-Bellie-Bear/216738345037166
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday, Ellie! I might have to steal that using the server as your spoon move. Excellent bday cake eating execution. 10/10 for form and whimsy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...