Saturday, March 19, 2011

3.21 Word Down Syndrome Day









3-21 or 21-3

March 21st

3 of the 21st chromosome

World Down Syndrome Day




Over 1 in 700 live births is a child born with Down syndrome.
Down syndrome occurs in all races.
It does not descriminate.
It is not a disease.
Our children do not "suffer" from Down syndrome.
They are not "afflicted" with Down syndrome.
Our children are just that. . .children first.

People with Ds live full, productive lives and are contributing members to society who are looking for inclusion.  Will you "let us in?"

Witness Texas history in the making! On Monday the Texas legislature will introduce a resolution in both the House of Representatives and the Senate honoring people with Down syndrome in the great state of Texas by proclaiming March 21 World Down Syndrome Day. --Gerard Jimenez DSACT Digest


Celebrate today! Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day!


* I apologize for the poor quality of the first 2 pics.  I am not sure what happened.
**The iPad2 Give Away for Saving Alexander is still going on.  Visit http://taylorvillethree21.blogspot.com/2011/03/help.html to learn about how you can win.

2 comments:

  1. I'd let Ellie in! But I'm afraid we don't live all that close together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie will have to let Awa Grandma in soon. I'm coming Ellie!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and I read each and every single one of them.

Cecostomy Tubes R Us

Here we are - two posts in 30 days! It's scandalous, I tell you!  Seriously though, I bet you all thought that I abandoned ship and woul...