|Buddy Walk: The Ellie Bears!!!!!|
2.25 cup Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Nutmeg (or less if you are not into the whole nutmeg thing)
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Water
12 Tbsp Butter (aka 1 whole stick) You can never have too much butter.
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 12oz pkg Chocolate chips (I used a mixture of milk chocolate and semi-sweet)
0.5 cup Nuts, chopped (optional)
**Optional: Boil the 2 Tbsp of water & pour over 2 Tbsp of instant coffee.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
3. In a larger bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Alternate adding in the flour & water/coffee into the large bowl with the wet ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Using a Tbsp, drop dough to a greased cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
In theory, you are supposed to get 4 dozen, however, we live in a Texan household and everything is bigger so I only yield about 2 dozen or so.